At risk, of being called a racist, sexist, hatemonger - I would like someone to take a stab at a rational explanation to why:
- Black History Month isn't racist when any who wanted a White History month would be tagged a racist
- Women History Month isn't sexist but no Male/Man History month, correct it would be sexist -- Explain, please
- LGBT Pride Month; yet not seeing a Heterosexual Month, oh that would be homophobic-- please another opportunity to explain
- LGBT History Month (yes LGBT get 2 calls outs), same as above -- Explain, please
- There is a special African-American Music appreciation month, other musicians I suppose as simply useless
Please take a shot at the explanation; however, let me explain my point.
WHY do we have to have "special" months and recognition if the goal is equality and/or sameness -- Hard to have when we call the differences out nearly every single month while excluding some. Exclusion being a way to point out differences with one or a group believing the differences are lesser than or better than another.
Just doesn't seem the actions correspond with the stated goal; in fact, these actions contradict the stated purpose.